What is the difference between the Home Owners’ (Residents) Association (HOA) and the Community Association (CA)?
The Home Owners’ (Residents) Association (HOA) is responsible for:
- Annual installation and maintenance of shrub beds and flower planters within Nolan Hill.
- Maintenance and management of any entrance features, including the Nolan Hill sign and entrances.
- Installation, repair and maintenance of community pageantry, etc.
- Repair and maintenance of landscaping for all green spaces, the exterior wall for the community, and clean-up of litter within Nolan Hill.
- Enforcement of Architectural Guidelines registered against the Residential Lots and/or Condominium Units.
The Community Association (CA) is responsible for:
- Organizing and promoting community activities, such as the BBQ, basketball and soccer program
- Encouraging and enabling involvement of residents in issues which affect our community
- Representing the interests of the community in dealing with government and other organizations
- Contributions to the Nolan Hill Social Media.
- The City of Calgary invites our Community Association to make comments regarding any Planning applications and Development permit applications in our neighborhood